Sunday, August 20, 2006

Getting nothing accomplished.


Isn't it amazing how many things you can come up with to do when you are avoiding other things? So Friday night I went out drinking. It was very fun, and amusing because the whole night we went to three different bars and a resturant, but only moved around one block. I succesfully mixed my liquors ( vodka, rum, brandy, and tequilla) with no funky feeling OR hangover the next day. I credit the spaghetti at 2:15 a.m. I think that helped alot. So since I didn't go to bed until 3 a.m. I was lazy and slept until 9:30. I was going to go visit a friend ( an 89 year-old man who actually is my grandfather's 2nd cousin) and tell you all about him, but he was going to a picnic that day, so I'm going to see him on Friday. So I figure I'll go to the bank in next town over because I bank there and needed to pay some bills ( I do bank in town too, yes I know I'm weird), but first I'll stop off at the local library that is having a book sale. So I do that and get some intersting books, among them The Lutheran Hymnal, Zsa Zsa Gabor's biography, and a book on loneliness. So I pull into town at 12:03 and the bank has JUST closed! I thought it was open until 1, but no! So I go to the St. Vinnie's there ( see my line of thought) where I by 2 very old 16x20 family portraits. Only $15. Then I go the the antique store where I bought a sign in book from a funeral from 1936, and a victorian photo album. I come home, and my sister called me and I went with her to Taco Bell, and then to the house her and her husband bought were she made me wash walls, and paint. So basically I didn't get anything I wanted to accomplish done at all. Then today I went and worked 8-4, went to my sisters where I helped here clean, and am here bloggin, until I go back there and help clean some more. All of that instead of cleaning, doing laundry, organizing my research, etc. etc. etc...

But back to avoiding things. I always find it fun all the things you can suddenly decide to do when avoiding the things you need to do. I have organized photo albums and made cookies instead of writing research papers, deleted old files and moved furniture instead of studying for tests and the like. I think it's great how you will clean instead of doing your homework, but when there is no homework, you will eat out of same styrofoam container your take out came in three days ago, instead of doing the sink full of dishes. Sort of like how you don't mind walking on 2 feet of dirty clothes, until that term paper is do and then you MUST do all your laundry. And call your aunt. and get make macaroni and cheese at midnight. ( P.S. Please disregard any spelling errors, as even though I looked over it again, the spell check will not come up because my computer is playing all high and mighty and refuses to allow it to pop up)

Well.... I Suppose......

2 comments:

Jenny said...

was that 2:15am spaghetti Phil's??? God I miss that place. I hope you had some of those damn fine mozarella sticks to go with it.

Johnny said...

It was at Phil's! My favorite part of the night was the fact that I never walked more than a block anywhere. I didn't have any mozeralla sticks unfortunately. But I did get the texas toast.