Wednesday, April 09, 2008

So kids, here is a quote from The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.

" I saw my life branching out before me like a green fig tree. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked.... I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind of which figs I should choose. I wanted each and everyone of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and one by one, they plopped to the ground at me feet."

I had to make a very difficult decision this week, and I think I am already regretting it. I want so much out of life, and though I am realizing that I can't have everything, I still want it all. A problem that I have is that once an idea or thought enters my hear, I embellish upon it, and built it up in my head, until it's the only way I want to live. Then it can't come to fruition (for whatever reason), and I am crestfallen. Mental issues abound in my little world, and well... maybe I should get some help with that.

Well... I Suppose....

No comments: