Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So, trolling the bear dating websites late an night is both amusing and depressing all at the same time.

First, it's a bit depressing, as you sit there and think, "Look at all these hot guys who would never date me." Of course the inner pessimist comes out immediately, followed with our favorite friend, negative self image. Give negative self image a nice round of applause ladies and gentlemen. Only, keep your arms down, it makes the fat jiggle. Of course this invariably leads to such thoughts as "I'm never going to have sex, No one loves me, why don't I live in Fox Valley, etc...." Of course, you can't approach these men, because the buffer that the Internet provides is not enough....I mean these men aren't easily going to find out where you live, your last name, how to contact you, etc. But that's not enough....right?

Second, it's amazingly amusing. I guess deep down I'm a prude, but honestly, why would you post a picture of your ass or frontal business on the Internet for all the world to see. For one thing, pictures almost always make things look much smaller, which takes away a bit from the latter mentioned above. Plus, maybe I'm just an old fashioned girl, but that's the sort of thing you pull out (quite literally) on the 3rd or 4th date. Unless of course you're rather forward, and you barely make it half way through your first date. But hey, I don't judge (out loud... among other people... who can hear....)

Also, my goodness some of the things these people say I really have to question as to why this is a turn-on. For instance "54 year old toothless man". C'mon, really? While I do understand this is a plus (I guess) in one department (don't make me spell it out, you kids know what I'm talking about), but what about the rest of the time. That really shouldn't be your selling point. I don't want to sit and listen to you gum Dots in the theatre next to me. I'll probably tell you to close your damn mouth or stop eating that crap.

Then, come on kids, this really bugs the shit out of me. Please, PLEASE, use correct grammar, and punctuation. Spelling I'll let slide, because we all screw that up, not everything has spell check, and some words are just really hard from some to spell. (I still can't spell definitely to save my life, I cheated and used spell check on that one.). But, I should always be capitalized when it stands alone. Also, periods, people, periods! Yes, we're men, and therefore don't get the monthly visit from Aunt Flo, but that doesn't mean we have to neglect the poor punctuation mark that unfortunately share the name. I (and I suspect others) tire very quickly of reading something when it's discovered that it's a 785 word run-on sentence.

Well.. I suppose....

p.s. the comment section is where you get to make fun of all my spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors. But remember, I'm not trying to find a boyfriend (or sex) with this posting.

No comments: