Thursday, August 17, 2006

Campin'

So, Jen wants me to blog about camping so here it is.

The Watertown group ( Courtney, Abby, Randy and I) were the first to show, oddly enough since the Milwaukee group was in Madison when we were just leaving Watertown. They took this interesting detour that MapQuest gave them, even though, there wasn't a detour relevant to our route. But anyway, so we showed up there first. After the initial responsibilities of finding the campsite, noting where the bathrooms were ( yea for pit toilets!), pitching the tents, etc, there was nothing else to do but lay in the tent. It was too early for drinking, wait, what am I saying it is never to early to drink. Actually we didn't want to drink too much as we still had to go shopping for food. Of course we had to decide sleeping arrangements. I figured Randy wanted to sleep next to Abby, I wanted to sleep next to Courtney and Randy wanted to sleep next to me. So it was Randy and I in the middle with the girls on the outside. Pretty kinky eh? Courtney thought that boys should sleep on the outside as then we could defend the girls if and when wild animals attacked us during the night. Randy said " This way we have more space to jump and attack the animals." My explanation was simpler " Randy and I are bi so this way which ever way we turn we find something we like." I like my explanation. I think then we took naps, but Friday and Saturday afternoons in the tent sorta blended together, so I don't remember. I don't think we did now come to think of it. So now you know the secret happenings when the H2Otown group is all alone!

So yes, the 4th Annual Camping Trip was awesome! Mirror Lake is a great campground with suprisngly no discernible raccoon problem, unlike Devil's lake where the raccoons broke into the food tent. Here we left everything strewn about the camp site. The park ranger who came the 2nd time commented on this " Wow, you guys sort of have a messy campsite, are you gonna clean it up" ( or something to that effect). I wanted to exclaim " No, we plan on leaving it this way" but thought better of it. Nate was going to say that with 8 people we'd be fine, but quickly realized with the 6 persons maximum, this would not be a good idea. Sad choices all around yes, but suprisngly no slips of the tongue. ( Well... outside of the tent, inside.... let me just say, I don't kiss and tell.....)

The canoe race was fun, Team Flamboyant did win the first leg, when no one really raced I guess but we were ahead of the other teams by quite a bit. Like I said then... something innapropriate..... censored for you protection. I quite enjoyed the stoner who "checked" us in ( he liked my dress). He was the stereotypical stoner, sunglasses, long hair over face, tie dyed t-shirt, unable to count " Ok, so there is 10 of you, of wait 8..." Maggie was quite the hottie.

Of course Noah's ark was fun as usual, we were able to ferret out several of the big tubes, after harassing Jonathan for his. " What's you name? Who are you here with? How old are you? Where is your father? Doesn't he care about you? " Boarding of vessels, tipping of tubes, and general mischief ensued. Then we decided on eat dinner ( unlike Saturday, when we simply forgot to have lunch) Noah's crazy adventure ( or whatever the hell they call it) was amusing even if somewhat not historical accurate.... There were NOT teddy bears of unicorns on Noah's Ark! This year the put up a sign advising against running in the mirror maze ( with a threat of removal of wristbands) and stepped it up by putting camera's up. This did not stop the now annual deer race, among other things that were done to the deer ( guilty parties, you know who you are!) The new ride time warp was nice, and managed to draw blood from Abby which gives it extra points! Also the bonus of the odd 13-something-year old that tried to attach himself to our group after snagging a ride on our tube in Dark Voyage ( also the ride where I told the life guard it was 5:30.... I was only off by an hour.....)

That pretty much hits/ elaborates on the points that were made in Nate's Blog and Jen's Blog.

Ms. Jen I do hope this satisfies your demand to blog about Camping. :-)

And Kyle and Jen I have linked your blogs to mine.

Well.... I Suppose.......

8 comments:

Jenny said...

You are too great. I guess now we can start planning the Jenny/Randy October birthday extraordinare! The big 2-3. My how I age.

Johnny said...

I talked to Randy about that today, and he's all excitied about it. He has some ideas that he wants to talk to you about. Isn't it amazing how old we get? :-)

Kyle said...

love the send off, john.

Kyle said...

My camping interpretation is finally up... as a playlist. CHECK IT OUT: http://kylepfister.blogspot.com/2006/08/camping-sounds.html

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice site, wants to see much more on it! :)
- vanillamcgillicuddy.blogspot.com 7
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.